I have to say there's really nothing better than waking up to the sound of your child throwing up in your bed on a beautiful Sunday morning. They should figure out how to make that sound an option for your alarm clock... You'll never see two parents jump out of bed so fast even if the house was on fire!
That said, it's that time of week again... Meal Prep Sunday!! I hope your day started a little better than mine. Thankfully, there's not a lot of cooking to do for the plan this week. I put together a few simple breakfasts and lunches with easy one pan dinners.
Here's the plan:
- Start by cooking up your ground turkey for the Turkey Burrito Bowls
- Remove meat from heat and allow to cool
- Use your Instant Pot to hard boil your eggs for the Cobb Salads
- While eggs cook, move on to prep the Protein Waffles, set aside to cool
- Cut your veggies for the Chicken Cobb Salads (lettuce, cucumber, tomato)
- Once meat and eggs are cool, follow recipes to assemble Burrito Bowls and Cobb Salads
- I use rotisserie chicken or frozen grilled strips for easier salad prep
- Cobb Salads - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded cheese, boiled egg, avocado (optional)
- I substituted ground turkey in the burrito bowls
- Finally, put together your Yogurt Bistro Boxes with fruit of your choosing, non fat Greek yogurt and granola - I am using canned pineapple and frozen berries with Bare Naked Honey Granola
- Store everything in air tight containers for the week (you can freeze the waffles and heat up in toaster when ready to eat)
I always like to use a rotisserie chicken when I know I"m short on time. They make for easy add-ins to salads and save you a lot of prep time! You can also find grilled chicken strips in the freezer section which are even easier to throw in your lunch and heat up in the microwave.
The dinners I picked this week are all one pan/skillet meals that are ready in under 40 minutes. I love these for quick meals after work when you don't feel like cooking. The Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole is one of my husband's favorites and is also great for leftovers!
That's it this week... Another Meal Prep Sunday done and ready to go! See ya next week 😉
Eat. Train. Live.