I'I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend and you all survived Black Friday's madness. I personally drank and ate more than my fair share and already lost track of my Christmas gift budget... Eh?!
All that matters is that the tree is up with Polar Express on repeat and my child has already knocked the train off the track more than a dozen times! The countdown to Christmas is officially on!!
I know this is the hardest time of year to stay on track with your fitness routine with all the candy, cookies, dinners, and parties going on. It's so easy to say "I'll get back on track in the New Year", but we all know that can be a slippery slope... I urge you to keep working hard and be proud of everything you've accomplished this year!
That said, let's get back to Meal Prep Sunday! I have 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners for you this week and all the recipes are in the links below. I used my favorite meal planning app, Plan to Eat, to put this together using recipes I found on another cool app, Yummly. Just search for recipes in Yummly, share them to Plan to Eat and you can make a meal plan in minutes!
- Start by preheating the oven for your Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bites
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pasta
- While those heat, get the Buffalo Chicken Meal prep in the Instant Pot and turn on
- Follow the recipe to make the Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bites and put in oven. Set your timer.
- While those cook, heat a skillet on the stove, cut your veggies and diced your chicken for the Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pasta. Follow recipe to cook in skillet on stove
- Cook your pasta once the water comes to a boil
- By now, the Buffalo Chicken should be finished in the Instant Pot - shred it and follow recipe to finish
- Remove your Breakfast Bites from the oven and allow to cool
- Once the pasta is done, throw it in the skillet with the chicken and veggies to complete your Chicken Veggie Pasta, then remove from heat
- While the lunches cool, you can cut up your veggies for the Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep and pop a couple bags of frozen cauliflower in the microwave to heat
- Once cool, you can assemble all your lunches and store in fridge for the week
- Store Egg Bites in a sealed container in the fridge - just pop in microwave when ready to eat
There you go! You prepped all your lunches and breakfast for the week. You can either make your overnight oats now or wait until the night before to set in fridge overnight. I also bought baby carrots, celery sticks, and cucumber for snacks that require little prep. Nuts, fruit, or yogurt are also great no-prep options.
All the dinners I picked this week can be made in under 40 minutes after I get home from work. (One of the nice things about Yummly is that you can search by prep time for your recipes.. Yay!!)
Don't forget that Plan to Eat is offering their once a year 50% off promo. Today is the last day to get a year subscription for under $20!! DON't MISS THIS DEAL! It will save you loads of time and you'll save that much in your first shopping trip using their automated grocery list planner.
Yummly has a free version which is more than enough - a full recipe search and a grocery list planner. If you wanted to upgrade, they're also offering a Black Friday promo for $0.99/mon for 3 months to try out their full meal planning feature.
Take advantage of the deals while you can and make meal planning a whole hell of a lot easier!!
I am also running a Cyber Monday Sale now through December 7th. Use the following promo codes to get great deals on workouts and meal plans to keep you going through the holidays:
50% off Standard Workout Plans with BF50
$5 off 7 Day Prebulit Meal Plans with FITFOOD
BOGO 1 Week Custom Meal Plan with FITFRIDAY
Hope you have a great week!