Time to tackle that Sunday meal prep! You all have the plan, so no surprises here. We only need to prep 1 breakfast and 1 lunch this week - easy peesy!
The bad news is, this is the last meal prep Sunday for October. 🙁 I'm traveling for work next week so you all are on your own. If the thought of that makes you want to puke, scroll back a few dates and I'm sure you can find an old plan to throw together. I'll be back at it in November (gasp) to carry you through the holidays.
Here's some guidance for the prep this week:
- Start by preheating your oven and getting the Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars put together to bake while you do the rest
- Once that's in the oven, put your pot with the cauliflower and potatoes on to boil
- While that cooks, cut the veggies for the Shepherd's Pie Bowls
- While you saute the veggies, get your eggs in the Instant Pot and set the timer to 7 minutes.
- By the time the eggs are done, you should be able to add the turkey in with your veggies and let that cook
- By this time, the Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars should be finishing up in the oven.
- Once your potatoes and cauliflower are boiled, you can mash those last
- Divide up the potatoes and turkey mix into your lunch containers
- If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and cut up your veggies for the dinners this week. They'll last in the fridge and will take some time off dinner prep in the evening.
The smoothies are an oldie but goodie breakfast go-to. You can pretty much add anything you want to these. I like to put all my ingredients (minus almond milk) in plastic baggies and freeze them ahead of time. This way you can just throw one in the blender, add your almond milk, and head out the door in the morning.
The pork chops are going to be my challenge for dinner this week. I am terrible at cooking them, but am on a mission this week to make it right! In case I fail miserably, the carrot side dish will be better than nothing...
Sheet pan fajitas and steak with potatoes are easy 30 minute dinners to put together after work. Thursday makes for a good Crockpot day, so I'm saving my Honey Garlic Chicken for last. I'm usually checked out and ready for the weekend by this time of the week, so the less work I have to do when I get home the better! 🙂
Strawberry Protein Smoothies
Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars
Shepherd's Pie Bowls
One Pan Chicken Fajita Bowls
Pan Seared Pork Chops w/ Maple Orange Roasted Carrots
Sheet Pan Steak and Potatoes
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Tune into Instagram next week, I'm sure I'll have a few hotel workouts to share to stay on track.
Hope you have a great Halloween with the kiddos! Try not to steal to many Reese's Cups... 😉